Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Before and After

What do you think?

Before: handed down cabinet from Reed's parents. It used to have a brass grill like screen in the doors, but I had already removed that. Here it is with just the chicken wire. Acquiring said chicken wire in this size, non galvanized, was a story in and of itself!


I kinda liked this look by itself and hesitated to install the fabric. I like the look of my country french dishes... but I followed through and here's the after:



You can't see the chicken wire so much in this picture, but I really like the finished look. The rods for the curtain seem pretty easy to remove if I change my mind (or my mood!).
Oh, and for Morgan and any other crafters out there thinking of trying this, here's the hardware I used:



So, which do you like better? Before or after?

2 comments:

  1. I like both! But, I really think your dishes are beautiful and don't mind seeing them peeking out. I like that you can change the look depending on your mood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both too. You know I love me a beautiful, red toile...but I think I am with Cynthia...although you could do the dish look in Spring and summer and the fabric in fall and winter...cause both ARE really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.