Thursday, April 19, 2007

A Few New Random Facts

Just a few things I noticed and have been rolling around in my head:

From the fountain in Sugar Land's Town Square:
- the Brazos River used to actually be called the Brazos de Dios ("Arms of God"), and

- The "F" in Stephen F. Austin stands for Fuller

From Ellen DeGeneres:
- there is an arrow beside the gas tank icon in your gas level indicator that points to the side of the car that the tank is on. Fascinating. Which begs the question: if no one knows it's there, is it really serving it's purpose?

Just random:
- my neighbor across the street had the foundation repaired and now the one next door is doing the same...is this an epidemic? Now there are more hispanic men taking their siestas over there.

- two more Library Moms are pregnant. If you have ever wanted to be pregnant but continued to wait your turn, this is difficult. I am thrilled for them, but secretly jealous.

- with this news, one other mom and I are the only ones out of 10 Library Moms that now don't have 2 sweeties.

- MaryEvyn likes to call my lap "the nest". I love it!

- I will be 33 on Sunday.

- MaryEvyn's pediatrician has moved her practice. We love her so I am planning to relocate and have heard that she will be up and running by the time Evy needs her yearly checkup. Yea.

- the Dora video we rented will be officially ours on midnight April 20th. I'm not too sure I want to avoid this.

Well, I guess that's all. Reed's out of town tonight and that just means I'm bored, hence the weird, rambling entry tonight. But I'm done now. You can go back to whatever it was you were doing.

2 comments:

  1. Erin-

    I know how hard it is to want a baby and watch so many others be pregnant. I'm still there...

    Waiting your turn is hard indeed. But in the long run, it's totally worth the lessons learned, the tears cried and the recoginition that only the Lord is your hope and only He can help you. I'm so excited to hear about all you'll learn from this hard time...until then, I'm praying for you and walking with you through this!

    love ya
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:50 PM

    Today is your birthday! Happy birthday! I confess that I am thankful that God inspired me to read your blog today so that I would remember. Does being an old friend grant me forgiveness for having an old, senile and forgetful mind?

    I hope you and Reed and Evy had a wonderful day together. Your ramblings are just like I remember them....very reflective of your fantastic mind.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.