Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another chance to serve!

So, I've been given this goal of participating in at least one service type activity for our family each month. I feel that this is just as valuable, if not more, than any of the other things we do. And it really helps us teach MaryEvyn about life outside of herself and her wants (which is hard for a four year old!). I thought I'd share them with you not to boast (because of course the idea, the goal was God's anyway!), but, rather, to hopefully give you and your family some ideas to do the same! It's so much fun - especially as a family!

So this month we had donated school supplies for Second Mile in connection with Crossbridge but we weren't able to participate in the distributing process. I was sad about that because that's where you get to REALLY be a part of it and see the direct results, y'know. But then I got this email from Bobby Delgado about a bash that he was doing at his church over in Spring Branch and would we want to donate and/or help? Perfect!

We rounded up some more school supplies and headed out there Saturday afternoon. We dropped off our supplies (you can see all the bags in the photo above) and were surprised to find all the other fun happening. This wet blow up slide-y thing, face painting, popcorn, sno-cones, hot dogs, and, my favorite - this awesome rapper dude. He was great so I captured some of it for you (albeit out of focus, sorry!).

Good times and another great reminder for our family of how blessed we are and, more importantly, WHY we're blessed...so that we can bless others and show God's love in a practical way. Super fun!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea...to serve with your daughter every month. I am stealing the idea when Evelyn is a bit older. Oh, and maybe you can hire out the rapper guy for MaryEvyn's next birthday party!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for coming out! We gave supplies to about 170 kids. Thats pretty amazing. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it...I wish I could have made it outside some.

    and I'm sure JoJo would come for evy's 5th birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.