Thursday, August 07, 2008

I really should do this more often!

Why do I seem to forget the benefits of inviting a friend to play with my only child?
I do get a little tired out from more than one and, sometimes, my introverted self gets a little taxed after a while when a mommy comes, too. (Please don't misread that - I love playdates with mommies, it's fantastic, but it's not relaxing...does that make sense? If it doesn't, you're not an introvert according to my definition!) Anyway, I digress....
Today is MaryEvyn's "actual birthday" as we say, and, again, my plans for it were thwarted by Edouard on Tuesday. Long story short, we couldn't go swimming with the cousins. So, I decided to call up one of Evy's favorite friends who didn't get to come yesterday and see if she could come and play today.
It was absolutely perfect! We gave Evy the dollhouse so they could play with it, but by the time girlfriend arrived and we had all eaten lunch, all they wanted to do was pretend to be babies and little mamas! Then there were boxes to be used as cradles which turned into cars which were then buses. There was the beloved Dr. play game, oh, and yes, the coloring messages to put in the mailbox.
And what did I do this whole time? All 3 hours? Nada. Nothing!
Okay, well, I did read a book and occasionally help put on a play dress or reattach something or other...but that's it! They didn't even argue or fight!
About the time girlfriend left, I was putting Evy down for a nap when Reed came home early and announced that he was going to do the same. More blissful quiet reading!
I really should do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks.