Tuesday, September 02, 2008

One last summer fling

I know technically her summer doesn't really end. I mean, I still have three days of the week to take her to the zoo whenever I want. BUT, the zoo was the one place she'd wanted to go all summer and we hadn't yet, so Reed came along with us this past Saturday to fulfill her summer list!

The macaws

Playing in the splash park in the Children's Zoo area. Once we get here, it's hard to leave!

Does every native Houstonian have this picture? This is actually the second picture like this of Evy.

Yes, there's an animal back there. You get a prize if you can tell me what animal it is and where it is! (Yes, it's out - not in that cave somewhere.)

The giraffe. My favorite. And apparently, as Stephanie bluntly pointed out, "It's everyone's favorite animal!" True or false. I think a poll is in order here. Vote on the side, please! (I like how this is shaping up to be quite the interactive post, eh?)How can you finish a hot day at the zoo without ice cream? And how can you give a cutie like this ice cream without sprinkles?

Fun times.

Well, I gotta go pick up the girl from school now. :-)

7 comments:

  1. Very fun!

    I think the unknown animal is an alligator or maybe a crocodile. (who knows the difference anyway!)

    Do I win?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was gonna say a croc or alligator also. but i can't enlarge the picture, so i'll never know!! oh--the giant panda is by far the best animal out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you guys had fun! evy looks super cute as always!

    we'll have to catch you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there a gorilla on the rock???

    I totally remember that lion water fountain, I loved it!

    I think my favorite animal used to be the monkeys...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a gorilla on the rock???

    I totally remember that lion water fountain, I loved it!

    I think my favorite animal used to be the monkeys...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I'm glad she got to see all the animals! I, too, think the mystery animal is a croc or gator. And, I did have my pic taken at the lion water fountain. How time flies! :0 H P.S. Did she eat that entire ice cream cone or just the sprinkles?

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you have a zoo pass? We love ours...so lets go together someday!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.