Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter!

First there was the Easter party at MaryEvyn's school:

Last night (Saturday), there was the traditional dying of the eggs...with glitter, much to the designer's delight!


This morning (Easter), she received a basket full of goodies, including the amazing chocolate rabbit fairy! Mmmm....
Due to impending rain, we had to hide the eggs inside the family room, though because of our wonderful covered deck, we got to hide a few outside, too.
We managed to get an picture or two in her Easter finest, though between the drops of rain!


We've also been spending some of this weekend painting our dining room. Oy! Never as easy as you hope, is it? Especially not in an older home (and not in the "charming", "good bones" kind of way...). We successfully, and rather quickly, got the room prepped and primed in one day. I painted three little color samples on the wall and easily picked the one I wanted. When we went to work on it today, however, we decided to begin by painting the ceiling (because of what we learned the last time we painted). First few strokes were fine, until little chips of textured stuff were coming off on the roller. "Maybe it's just that one spot...", we optimistically say. Oh, no, my friends, little chips are all over the ceiling upon further inspection.

So this is what Reed has spent the afternoon doing:


UGH!!
I love my man!

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!!Her dress is adorable! You did such a great job. I love her hair cut too.

    Can't wait to see the finished dining room! Way to go Reed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, but what color did you choose??? It was a treat to see you all yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ug... that looks like frustrating, hard work. good job reed! and i didn't get to see MaryEvyn yesterday... how cute is her little white dress, and perfect green ribbon in her hair! she is too cute! (i think i say that a lot... it will be a sad day when she leaves my kc class... )

    ReplyDelete
  4. MaryEvyn looked so cute in her Easter dress to bad I didn't see her at church or I would have told her how pretty she looked!! Got to love men who do stuff that we woman do not like to do like peel the ceiling!! Kudos to Reed!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an ADORABLE dress. you are so talented, erin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey...I meant to tell you how much I like Evy's hair! It's so cute. I love that length for little girls.

    And her dress is cute as a button. well done..again.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.