Thursday, September 06, 2007

Catching Up

Well, hello, Friends!
I know it's been a long, unannounced hiatus from Blogville for me. Let's reacquaint ourselves, shall we?
So...I actually started a while back with so many post ideas that I was overwhelmed. Then, I got stuck. Dry. Desert, really. Student ministry and a travelling hubby left me exhausted and stuck.
Then I got a project. I got the idea in my head to paint. Paint the family room, no less...the very nerve center of our home. I methodically started emptying the room of non-essentials (all but couch and tv) while hubby was gone, then sent Evy off to the grandparents Fri. night so I could A. have a girls' night with Steph, and B. begin prepping the room. When I started, I consulted a handyman magazine which advised painting in this order: trim, ceiling, walls. "What?!" thought I, who certainly knows more than this mere professional. "I just want a new color on my walls, not trim and certainly not the ceiling! That must be for new home buyers." So I began taping everything off. Steph and Casey arrived and dutifully picked up tape and rollers and brushes and dear Casey and Reed got that paint up faster than corn through a goose!
Soon, though, too soon, MaryEvyn was returned to us and it came to a screeching halt. I've been disappointed before in putting one too few coats of paint on a wall because I listened to others (probably the ones doing the painting, justifiably enough!). So, I really wanted another coat. So, my amazing hubby got another coat on there on Sunday. It looked great. But, wait, what's that? The trim looks awful! Really awful now. (It was only bad before, but NOW...) Enter sandpaper and trim paint thankfully left by former owners. So a very sore back and neck later, beautiful trim. All that was left was a little morning (now Tuesday, mind you) touch ups to fix the yellow on the ceiling and it's done.
Wait.
What's that?
There is clearly a defined line of new ceiling paint and old. Crap. (excuse me!)
So, we spent Tuesday night repainting the silly ceiling. Really, did I tell you my hubby is AH-MAY-ZING?!
Well, finally, my family room is back in working order. It's not the way I want it yet (will it ever be?). But I am in love with this color! The picture of course does not do it justice. A beautiful butter creamy yellow. With gorgeous ;-) white trim and ceiling!
Oh, and the lesson? Yes, the professional painter actually does know what he's talking about!!!

2 comments:

  1. totally understand what you are going through. i love painting, yet hate it at the same time!! your room looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin - that is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.