1. This is what I'm wearing right now (and some variation every morning). Pajama pants and an old (2001) camp t-shirt and fuzzy slippers (my feet are always cold)
2. Yes, about my feet and cold. I'm almost NEVER barefoot for many reasons. I have sensitive feet probably because I'm never barefoot but I think it also makes my feet pretty and soft. Besides, I hate getting little pieces of dirt or crumbs or whatever stuck to bare feet - drives me crazy. I'm almost always cold (unless I'm outside) so I just like having things on my feet. There.
3. I have a tattoo. I took a somewhat embarassing picture of it for you. It is on the center of my lower back. I was 26 and it mortified my mother. I just really like stars, especially this one. It was supposed to be a little smaller, but I still like it. No, I don't regret it.
4. I really don't like to cook. I hate making dinner. Though I do love the satisfied, fulfilled feeling of setting a great, homemade, healthy meal on the table for my family to sit and eat. But I hate making it. Don't get me wrong, I still do it because I/we highly value that family time and I think it helps us maintain healthier eating habits, but I hate doing it. Love baking sweets: pies, cupcakes, cakes, cookies, pudding...
5. I like to sew. I finally sat down on Sunday and finished several projects. It was great. I fixed the straps on a cute floral backpack I used to use as Evy's diaper bag. I sewed up a hole in one of her shorts and I finished a sweet little curtain for Steph's new bathroom. That was very satisfying and I can't wait to see it all hung! Next: pillows!
6. I'm a Francophile. I just learned that that is the term for my admiration and desire for all things French. Holly got me a learn to speak French CD/book combo and I want to learn some of the phrases and words and pronunciation. I LOVE country French decorating and am moving my home in that direction. Love the warm yellow, mellow, soft woods. Love red and blue and all of the fabric crafts that come with country French. That's all on that.
7. I'm not a gardener at all. I can't grow a single thing. I have tried and cannot even get an ivy to cooperate. I have just about completely lost some Mexican heather that was in our yard in a few spots that was reportedly, "impervious". So much for that. Apparently, watering is still a necessity. Oh, right, watering... I'd love to grow some herbs, and I have great ambitions for an azalea bush in our back yard. We'll see.
8. Before VeggieTales Cd's invaded my car, I used to love to listen to Metallica's black album, the Gypsy Kings, Matchbox 20, and FooFighters to name a few. If I'm alone in the car and one of these comes on the radio I turn it up VERY loudly and have my own little concert. Back in the day I was a serious Duranie. (If you don't know what that is, just ask a child of the 80's)
9. Y'know Monica on Friends? We are one. Remember the episode where they teased her about having to eat cookies over the sink (so the crumbs don't go all over the floor?) - totally what I do (and love it when others do, too). I clean constantly, especially the floor (see #2 about bare feet). The only thing I don't enjoy cleaning is the tub and toilet. I do like laundry, actually. Not that it's a favorite pastime, but I don't dread it. My best friends are my floormate and dustbuster. I've been known to follow after Reed with it...
10. Ummm...I don't know how to dive. Like into a pool. I'm a terrible swimmer.
That's all.
Funny! i think i knew most of that about you, but i was surprised to learn that you like the gypsy kings!! very interesting.
ReplyDeleteI too LOVE a comfortable pair of pajamas and though I am trying to break the habit, I leisurely spend my mornings in them! Tim also swears that I'm twin to Monica on Friends because of my obession with cleaning and organizing! Ok...never knew you had a tattoo...pretty cool! And I really want to learn how to sew...help!! How can I get started? I really have the bug!
ReplyDeleteI can still remember the day you came in to tell me about the tatoo!!!!! I love having you as a friend and am blessed to know you so well!
ReplyDelete:)
H