"Can I play first, Mommy?!" she asked knowing that we almost always eat first...but today.....
"Sure!" I say. Why not?!
She explored
There was also a nearby "lake" and rocky brook that she enjoyed throwing pebbles into and climbing along the rocks.
And this neat miniature rock climbing wall. Reed and I, though you wouldn't know it now, love rock climbing and I am proud to report that she scaled this thing with little difficulty! That's m
Then she conceded to eat lunch, but her banana clearly tasted better when eaten on a nearby rock.
So we headed to Cold Stone where she ordered Cotton Candy blue ice cream with sprinkles, of course. She ate every bite...cone and all!
Then off for home and a much needed nap. Reed had called again to say he was in his car on the way home...finally!! I was able to get Evyn home and asleep and start on mowing the lawn. (This is not usually my job but I do occasionally enjoy it and it was a nice day and I wanted to have it done so Reed wouldn't have to do it on Sunday.)
He finally made it home, I finished the yard and we put together a new "jungle gym" kind of toy from Gram and Grampa. We got cleaned up and shared a Coke before thinking we should really wake our girl up or she'd never go to sleep tonight.
When she woke up and saw her Daddy...well, she immediately lit up and snuggled up to him. She's such a Daddy's girl! We went outside to play on her new "climber" as she calls it, but she wouldn't let Daddy get too far from her!
We finished the day eating chicken fingers out on our deck and put her, miraculously, to bed after a good bath!
I do hope my antiquing friends had a great time and I hope you had the opportunity to enjoy our beautiful day, too, but for me today - playing, ice cream, a husband home from a long journey...no antique could be better than that, no day better spent! Thank you, God, for my wonderful family, for bringing us safely back together!
Sweet, Sweet! Glad you had such a great day. And I'm glad Reed was home. I was thinking he was coming home today (Sunday).
ReplyDeleteThat first pic of Evy is so sweet. I'm so glad you guys had such a wonderful day! Simplicity = bliss!
ReplyDelete