Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Just to whet your appetite

This one is for those of you headed to Round Top (Marburger) in the next few days...just to get you ready (as if you weren't already!).

Mom and I went opening day (Tuesday) and also saw/ate lunch with Steph and Becky. (You'll be able to read her sad Round Top story here whenever she posts it...very sad!)

Casey, I did see a few medicine cabinets in the $100-110 range, that I'm sure you could get for closer to $75 by Saturday. I also found a pair of silhouettes that were, well, expensive! I did buy a very small one for $10!

There was a lot of Europe at this show. It didn't seem as American country to me. There was a lot of French and Italian antiques as well as quite a bit of Swedish (great, beautiful painted grandfather clocks). It was supreme!

Julie, I saw a booth with quite a bit of vintage fabric that seemed affordable (sorry I can't remember which tent!).

And, please, pack a lunch! The line is forever long, and super expensive, so pack a cooler of sandwiches and fruit, some drinks and cookies. Then you can eat it in your air conditioned car if it's hot or take it to the food tables and eat there (which is what we did sans the cooler so we could throw away what we didn't eat and not have another trip to the car).

Oh, and, in other news...I bought my dream breakfast table!!! It was in the last structure we went into and there it was. I checked the price (as I always do just to drive me crazy!) and, NO WAY...it was less than $2,000...it was less than $1,000...it was originally priced at around 700, down to $630. That was enough to get me to call my mom back to look at it. She said, "Well, if you want it, you better ask their final price before you call and wake your husband!" (Reed's in India and it was about 1 AM there! But I had to have approval, of course, to make such a purchase!) So, the guy came over and looked at the tag and said, "Well, it has a green sticker on it which usually means that's a firm price, but let me ask..." So, I thought that was it...until... she offered $550!!! Holy cow!! My knees went weak and I seriously got goose bumps!

Finally, after some dealing with Reed (new oven which I can get any time...or antique french table...which would you choose?) the table was mine!! It's coming home on Thursday! Here's a sneak peek!


Round #2 (Warrenton) on Thursday with Steph and Cynthia (with a side trip to pick up my beauty!!).

4 comments:

  1. oh erin, everything looks so great! i can't wait till saturday... why do silhouettes have to be so darn expensive? hmf... great job on your findings! i can feel your excitement!! --oh, and Mary Evyn is THE CUTEST in the ballet picture, I asked her about it this past Sunday, and asked her to show me some things, and she said, "These aren't the right shoes". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh out loud! Sounds like something she'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the table...it's beautiful! I can't wait for tomorrow! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The table is lovely!!!!!! Can I still be your friend if I don't know what a "silhouette" is?

    :) Hols

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.