Monday, March 09, 2009

Church Love

So I just love the little part of the church body that is mine and I just gotta write about it. First off, there's Chuck and Kathleen. He's our pastor, she's his wife. They are amazing. God is so very evident in their lives and in their home. They have been such an inspiration and such great friends for Reed and me. We feel humbled and privileged to be able to call them our friends. We've been a part of Crossbridge for all of it's, what...6 years? We started attending Access when Chuck was leading that at Sugar Creek and he married us there. Then we followed Chuck as he began CB. That was an exciting time.
Now it seems so long ago! Now here we are in a real building that is ours! And it's so cool!! Thanks to Tim and Casey and Justin and others. It looks so awesome. It's warm, inviting, and you have no idea that you are in what used to be a grocery store! I never realized what I was missing until our first service yesterday. Oh, those comfy, cushioned chairs! And carpet is so much nicer than linoleum for kneeling to pray! And the sound! It was like you and Chuck were just sitting at Starbucks having a chat. No rattling metal doors, clicking of shoes, crying babies. wow. The lighting! The kids rooms - well, even if they have a little work left to be done, it was so great!! The coffee bar area with it's leather seats and little tables... it's all just terrific! And so exciting. I just worshipped my little heart out! Chuck's message yesterday (he's talking about the parable of the prodigal son from Luke 15) was so real. God was really speaking to all of us. Yes, He can do that anywhere, as the last 6 years can testify, but there, in this new place He's brought us to, I was so aware of His faithfulness to His church and His blessing on us and the staff for seeking Him and teaching truth. May we continue to do just that and may all see how beautiful and enjoyable He is through our little place on Eldridge!

1 comment:

  1. ah, Erin, what a great post! One of my favorite things about Sunday... everyone was just happy. Cheery. Smiling. And everyone knew why everyone else was doing it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.