Tuesday, March 03, 2009

From this weekend:

I left for the Crossbridge Ladies' Retreat this past Thursday with a baked ziti casserole and pie in the fridge for Reed and Evy, and Monique in my passenger seat. Here are some things of note from the weekend:
1. This retreat, of the previous 4 or so I've attended, was different. I don't know why or quite how to describe it to you, but God really moved. Granted, I was a little hormonal and cried easily anyway, but it was really moving. I don't know what it was, but the speaker, Laura Siefert, was truly inspired and God used her to really speak to us each where we are. Not only that, but I had a fantastic time bonding with Monique on our 3+ hour journey, and with the girls on an antique jaunt into Gruene. So much fun!
2. Something Laura said: "Not just better like broccoli". She was referring to the erroneous thinking that the things God has for us are not "better like broccoli", like, how it doesn't really taste that great (at least not without a bunch of cheese!) but we eat it b/c it's good for us. No, no. God's best is best and it is good. Good goin' down and good for you, too.
3. In the car Monique was talking about her discovery of how loving someone should mean that we give our all to keep the ones we love from sin. Meaning asking yourself, "What can I do that will keep this person from sinning?" And whatever it is, because I love them, I'll do it! It stuck with me.
4. When I came home, MaryEvyn led me excitedly to our bedroom, through the bathroom and into my closet where I discovered it freshly covered in white paint! When we first moved into our house, the closet got painted, yes, but maybe not with quite the attention to detail that one might desire. (Is that PC enough?) Anyway, no longer! It is fantastic! Not only that, but my loving hubby who knows me so well, had cleaned up every speck! I mean, there was no sign that it had been painted except that the fan was on and a window opened to air it out. The next day I was able to replace all of my neatly stacked clothes and clean it out in the process. I love this man o' mine!
So, that's kind of it. Just thought I'd share. And thanks, Ladies, for a great time with you and with God.

2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous you got to hear Laura! I tried to get her a few years ago, but the timing didn't work out. My heart is full with excitement for what God is doing in and through Crossbridge this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:48 AM

    I cried so much at this darn retreat! God is good!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.