Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas crafts (some of them)

Well, I finally got around to finishing some crafts that were swimming around in my head for a while. I can't show all of them because, well, some of them are gifts that I've yet to give!
Several months ago, I bought these neat plaques that look like old Christmas postcards at a Fort Bend Antiques Fair and mounted them on a red ribbon. Looks like I still need to trim the end and finish it so it won't come unravelled.
Then I've always been unsure of what to do with my Christmas cards. I want them to be out because they're so pretty and meant to be enjoyed but couldn't bring myself to buy one of those metal display things when I was sure there had to be an easier, more natural way. This is what I came up with this year. I found a pretty green gingham ribbon and simply tied it in a bow around a tack with some florist wire. For the picture cards I cut little slits in the sides and just strung them on. I left one end simply wound around a tack so I could easily slip more cards on if necessary.

This picture also shows off my other "craft": my new roman shades that my mother-in-law and Evy helped to make. Here's Evy helping screw in one of the screws that hold the cord. Notice her tongue sticking out in her deep concentration!
And, though it's not a craft, I'm so glad I found these great little clips that fit over our brick mantel. I've tried many different solutions over the years, but these are wonderful!! And they should hold up our full stockings, too! And, believe me, they'll be plenty stuffed come Christmas!


2 comments:

  1. Hey you!

    I can't wait to see it in person! It looks so festive. :) 7 days & counting! :)H

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Great new location for the tree this year!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.