Sunday, December 02, 2007

Walking Through a Magazine

This is one of the most unbelievably beautiful houses I've personally seen! This afternoon we took the opportunity to go to downtown historic Madison, very near Huntsville, to tour some homes there sponsored by the Historic Society. It was built in the late 1800's and has now been decorated to a T! So, let's get to it, shall we?
This is in the front formal living space. There was also a great Christmas tree that I took some decorative, crafty notes from and a white slipcovered sofa with more beautiful pillows!
Look at this great frame filled with cork and little whatnots in it. Love it!

This is the master bedroom. There's a fantastic white old fireplace to our left and the entrance to the master bathroom behind us. They must have converted a room to accomodate it - it's huge and, as you can imagine, truly beautiful and cute! There were people all over, so I couldn't get a good shot of it. Besides, it had mirrors all over - and terrific art.

The dining room. There are french doors to our left and the entrance to the main hall to our right at the head of which is this:
Speechless. To the left is the kitchen. It was amazing!
Guest bath. My dream! Love the red toile wallpaper, the bureau sink, the sconces... there's white wainscoting surrounding the black tub to our left.


Never mind that I didn't/couldn't get pictures of the little girl's room, which was an absolute dream with it's silver tree filled with pink paper chain garland and pink ornaments, the white iron bed with an adoroble quilt. The little boy's room was equally perfect with it's cozy leather chair with a cowhide print blanket on it. Nor do I have pictures of the sunken real family room with brick floor and fireplace where we had the pleasure of meeting the owner of the home. She said she had moved in only six months prior and only had to paint. Ugh. I told her it was amazing. She then mentioned two other homes on the tour that we had yet to see. She said that they are brand new builds but after touring them, she said she found herself liking the grass on the other side. After touring those homes, I'd emphatically say that her grass is the greenest I've ever seen. Just about the shade of green from my envy!!

2 comments:

I love your comments! Thanks.