"What the...?!"
No, ladies, I don't think he got this for our Bunco night.
We are not necessarily a "dry" house, yet we simply rarely have a reason to have alcohol in it and neither of us are beer drinkers, but, apparently, one of us may be changing that! Ever since Reed's trip to Germany (dang Germans!), he mentions a desire for a beer every now and then and I've heard him off-handedly say he had one out with "the guys" when he's at a work dinner or something. It still surprises me. Not that I have a problem with it, it's just, well, it's Reed! Reed's not the surprising kinda guy, ya know. I sorta thought we were past the surprises.
So all I can do is shake my head and go on our merry way (oh, if only I'd known....).
Later the next night as we're finishing dinner.....
"So, Reed...." I begin innocently, "Do you have anything you'd like to tell me."
Girls, he didn't even hesitate before he started blushing and got a sheepish smile. "You mean the...uh... Did you look inside?"
"Um, Yeah, I did," I answered.
" Well, I just thought that Jake (Reed's work pal that's coming over for dinner tonight who's not from around these parts) might like to have one...and maybe if Casey or Phil were over...."
Yes, Casey and Phil, he implicated you, too! Seriously? Does he seriously expect me to believe that the majority of those won't be consumed by him?
Baby, it's fine if you just want beer, okay? You can even keep it in the house if there's room for it. It is just entirely funny that you didn't say anything to me about it, though, and that I "discovered" it the way that I did! So funny!
Next thing you know he'll come home with something like this for me to discover: 
P.S. You may want to forward me the names of some good rehab programs, though, ladies, just in case. Isn't "hiding it" one of those signs....? ;-)
Ha!! Well, we were going to see if we could stop by next Saturday night and say hi...so those beers could come in handy. I'm still surprised every time I see Phil's tattoo. But would it really be that bad?
ReplyDeletey'all could always get matching tatoos...i'm just saying. maybe we should have beer at bunco...it would kick it up a notch!!
ReplyDeleteDrunko Bunko....enough said...we know where Reed hides them now...heheheh!
ReplyDeletejust had to laugh at the Target episodes - if i'd been there, i would've given you a high five, girl.
ReplyDeleteokay, barosh never answers my questions, so please help me. Didn't Chuck and Kat have their fourth baby? Do you have the stats on all that? Please tell them hello and that we miss CC!
Erin it could be worse, he could have a 6-pack of Zima in there.
ReplyDeleteOh and yeah, I expect royalties for the use of my tattoo photo. Just give me one of those Shiners and we'll call it even.
Casey said he doesn't have any idea what that beverage is, but would love to share some Kool-Aid with Reed and Phil!
ReplyDeleteI had a little chuckle today when I passed the shiner brock display in Whole Foods Today because I remembered reading this post!!
ReplyDeleteHa - that is too funny, especially since the last time I ran into you at Kroger, I didn't buy beer for Terry. He was not very happy when I got home. I never like to be seen buying beer. If R is anything like T, a 6-pack will last him a week, maybe longer. And T says he's coming over...
ReplyDelete