Friday, March 28, 2008

The Most Blissfully Happy Girl EVER!


You would have thought that she had been diagnosed with cancer and had just discovered that her one and only wish is fulfilled: to be a ballerina! That was what it was like to tell my MaryEvyn that the long-awaited day had finally arrived - ballet class!

For those of you who don't know, she is a ballet fanatic. I've been able to get her to eat her most detested veggies by telling her that that is how she'll grow up to be a strong, beautiful ballerina. She adores ("loves" in her words) classical music which she refers to as "ballet music". We listen to it often in the car. Before we ever got her a Dora DVD, she had a ballet one - of Baryshnikov and others dancing classic ballets. She watches it and then copies their moves. We check out books about ballet and her favorite: Angelina (a ballet dancing mouse). For Christmas, I bought her real ballet shoes and those along with her Dora desk (don't ask!) have endured! Recently, Steph gave her the terrific leotard you see in this picture. It was an instant hit!

I had been telling her for a while that I would let her start ballet in the summer when Kindermusik and school are out (not wanting to have too much going on). I had heard that the dance studio down Eldridge, called Footprints, was a wonderful, Christ-filled place and a good place to start. It doesn't hurt that they're also the cheapest and closest!

I called on Thursday and it just so happens that Friday is the scheduled day for her age class, and that this week is the last one that she's accepting new students! AH! I quickly called a friend of mine who had mentioned interest and she signed up, too!

So, this morning I told her I had a surprise for her and she was so excited. When I finally told her, well....

It was adorable!!! These six pink and black clad little girls prancing around behind Ms. Sharon doing plies and jetes and spreading their arms like they could just fly if they only had wings! Then she handed them all pink silk roses and they danced like butterflies. I was thrilled for her!

But the best part was when Ms. Sharon called them all to the center and they sat down and prayed together. She is a gem and I'm so thankful that we were led to this place!

I'm sure you'll hear more about it...especially as November (recital time) draws near!

What a happy girl!

4 comments:

  1. How incredibly sweet and lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh. my. gosh. she is precious!! i bet she had so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! She looks so precious in the little leotard! My heart's all melty :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.