Friday, May 02, 2008

More Show and Tell!

This is the new look for my front door.
Morgan (thank you!!!) gave me the tip off on the topiaries at Home Depot. With the gift card my dad (thanks, Dad!!) gave me for my birthday, I picked up these two beauties. Of course then I had to find the perfect urn which I think I did at Garden Ridge, of all places!
I did all of this without a clue how to pot a plant. So after placing a quick call to Kat (thank you!!!) for some advice, today I finally gave them their permanent new home. Now here's hoping they don't keel over out there (which most...no, wait, all plants that enter my care do).
So, all you "back door friends" out there (you know who you are...), you have to come at least once now to experience my new front door!

5 comments:

  1. so cute!! i hope i can get another, i haven't yet! just remember to water them, and prune them. they guy at home depot told me you would have to prune them to keep their shape, just fyi!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah! They look great! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks fabulous!

    And just think, for Christmas you can put in little red berries & a bow...ooh aahhhhh!

    :)Hols
    P.S. You didn't kill Seymour in college- I think I did that one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm and inviting! Belongs on the cover of a Cottage Living! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.