Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Need a Family Night Activity?

Okay, one more for you mommy friends out there!

A couple of weeks ago I was in need of a family night activity that didn't cost money, and didn't involve pizza or movies (we get enough of each!). So I went to the Family Fun magazine website and typed in games/activities for toddlers and got some great ideas. Here was the winner:
We tossed all of Evy's socks all over the family room floor and pretended they were alligators. Then we threw a bean bag into the middle of it and you had to retrieve it without stepping on an alligator. When that got a little old (for Mom and Dad, not her), we switched it to the socks being "lily pads" and you could only step on certain colored socks. Good times.
Then to pick up and sort the socks again, we made three piles. 1 pile was all the white socks, the other two piles were one each of the other pairs. We put one set of socks in a bushel basket while we put the pile of mates at the other end of the room. At "go" two people had to grab a sock from the basket, run to the other end, find it's mate, then run back. Perfect! All cleaned up!

So, the next time you find yourself as I did, try our little game but beware, she asks to play it now EVERY NIGHT after dinner! Or go to familyfun.go.com and find your own family game!

Family night lives!

4 comments:

  1. Oh - thanks for sharing. I am sending my sister that website now. She is always looking for fun things to do - especially inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! Thanks Erin, we will try this out tomorrow night - bet Annelise will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey hey!! i see the chair in the corner!! lookin' good! can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:47 AM

    I love this! Our only problem is that we only have white socks...boys! Got to love 'em

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.