Saturday, June 14, 2008

Going further down the path

Update on baby #2 (if you're lost, see this post):
So, what I didn't post was that once we got all of our paperwork completed and turned in, our fertility doctor called and we got to see him a month earlier than our scheduled appointment. That in itself was a real gift. The initial appointment was really just to find out where we are, and schedule me for more tests. He was super nice and friendly and explained everything very patiently (especially since he probably explains the same things over and over again on a daily basis!). I didn't feel like a number or just another desperate mom - I felt completely normal and unhurried.
Anyway, after an ultrasound to see how eggs were developping (which was interesting: I had lots of eggs which is very good, but confirmed that I ovulate late - not a problem, "That's just you," he said.) and a blood test and after gathering numerous other test results and records for him to look at, we went in yesterday for our follow up appointment.
Because everything did look normal and fine, he says our next step is a laparoscopy. Under general anesthesia, he'll be able to make a small incision and see and do pretty much anything that might need to be seen and done. If there's any endometriosis (which is what he suspects at this point), he can find it and get rid of it while also examining all the other parts - including my liver and gall bladder! wow. We're going to schedule that for the latter part of July.
While I'm not looking forward to this and hoped, of course, that I wouldn't have to do it, it makes sense, I know lots of people have done it before and, finally, I have a lot of faith. I have faith that God is sovereign and has us here for a reason. I have faith that He will be glorified. I am learning how miraculous babies truly are and how incapable we are! I have faith that God has given our doctor some amazing revealed knowledge about women's bodies and that he will be able to perform this surgery successfully and with little or no complications. And God has given me hope and love for another child. So, to that end I will be praying. Thanks, you guys, for joining along! Love y'all.

5 comments:

  1. Erin-
    I'm praying for you fervently and walking this hard road with you, even miles away. Also, let's have babies at the same time :)

    love
    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll be praying too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. I will certainly be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl!

    I was just thinking about this last night. Hang in there! Can't wait to see you & give ya a great big hug!

    :)
    Hols

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I would love to pray during the surgery - and especially the night before - let me know the time and date and I'll be sure to!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.