Kris and I always have a fun game for the jr. highers on Wednesday night. This particular one was going to be a game night only so I needed some really great new games. I remembered this one fun, physical game that I played back in college and thought the kids would love it. You take a pair of socks rolled into a ball and stuff them in the toe end of some panty hose that have been cut off. Do the same with the other leg. Then you pull the open end of the hose over your head (that's funny enough if you ask me) and someone puts on the other one then you go at it. You start to swing your ball around to twist around the other person's so that you can pull it off their head.
That's what I remembered and it was soooo fun. I couldn't remember if it was better with two socks or one so when Reed came home from work, I gave him one sock and me two to give it a try. As Evy watched, Reed and I began slinging our sock ball around laughing hysterically but unknowingly getting closer and closer to each other until...BAM!!! Our heads smashed into each other with terrible force! I collapsed in tears and Reed's head started gushing! Evy wasn't quite sure who to go to first! As soon as I could see straight again, I could kinda start laughing about it but it hurt SOOOO badly! Reed realized he was bleeding (after getting some on the couch - AH!) and got us both a baggie of ice. So there we were wincingly laughing at our stupidity with ice packs on our heads!
He did come out the worse for it what with the scar he'll probably end up with and we found out he probably should have gotten a couple of stitches, but, oh well!
So, there you go. Reed wanted me to post about this as soon as it happened but I wasn't so good-natured about it at first. Now, I guess, it's just funny. ha. ha. :-)
lol!! that is hilarious!! i remember that game from a kids crossing party a couple of years ago! fun!! and funny too...
ReplyDeleteOh my Goodness....that is the funniest thing EVER! Wow. I mean can I say that? Ouch
ReplyDeleteI DO remember that game! We did at a CLC leadership retreat one year before school started! Oh, poor, Reed! I'm glad that you can laugh about it now. Just how in the world did your little head make that nasty gash?
ReplyDeleteHolly you should know. It is very hard head! in more ways than one!
ReplyDeleteI hate that game! Seriously HATE it! Is there a youth ministry game in all the world that I don't loathe on some level?...oh yes, ultimate frisbee...the only one. All others...loathsome!
ReplyDeletePoor Reed! That's nasty gash!
Confirming my theory that nothing good can come from putting panty hose over your head....
ReplyDeletewe played that game at a kids crossing party, i remember cathlene land doing it, pretty funny, but sorry you guys got hurt! at least you were still able to laugh.
ReplyDelete