So I'll omit the scarring story of the first time I "jumped" off the diving board and how I still hold it against my dad for letting them do that to me and merely tell you that I was scared FOR MaryEvyn today as her swim class made the obligatory walk to the plank, er, board, I mean. Here's where she started:
This is WAY over to the side from the diving board. If you remember what happened at swim class last year, I'm surprised that she looks like she would even consider doing this!
She then is coaxed closer by one of the instructors where she stands at a distance watching and carefully considering the risks involved:
She climbs up on the board when it's her turn and is coached to the edge...
He gets her to let go of him (which I would NEVER DO!!!):
I figured she would hang out there for a while and then back down (like I did many times)
BUT NO!!!!!!!
Check out my girl!!
WOW!!
I almost did one of those cheerleader back flips....except I don't know how...
Then we left with Evy so proud of herself and holding hands with one of her swim buddies on the way to the park.

She's my hero!!
You are the queen of the digital camera and all its uses! I don't know if I would have captured that moment so fully - and then how you quickly switched to the video option - great mommy! I'm taking notes! What a wonderful memory to treasure.
ReplyDeleteThat's my Girl!!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah for Mary Evyn!!!!!! You are one BRAVE little girl!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Evy!!!!!
ReplyDeleteTell your mommy to give you a big high five for me!
I love the picture of her holding hands with her friend! precious!
ReplyDeleteshe is going to be quite the little swimmer this summer! =)
ReplyDelete