Saturday, July 12, 2008

Heading to Mexico

Ever since I felt God tugging on me to go on this trip I had mixed feelings. I must confess that there is part of me that dreaded it. The part of me that can only think of the sacrifices: the heat, the lack of plumbing and electricity, the hard work and sore muscles, the dirty, the strange bed, the long trip... But there is that wonderfully excited part, too, thankfully! Serving, painting (I do enjoy a clean coat of paint!), community with people working and sacrificing right along with you, singing along with Tony's amazing guitar talent! I am also joyful about you and our church participating right with us as you pray and hear what God does in and through us. And I'm looking forward to sharing pictures and telling MaryEvyn how others live and how her Mom and Dad obeyed God and went!
So, today, Saturday, I am packing, preparing, taking a monster trip to Walmart, and hugging my sweet girl whom I'll be away from for 5 days. We'll snuggle up on the couch tonight with Aunt Holly and watch the Sound of Music which we just got and kiss her sweet little head. Then tomorrow after church, the fun begins!
So, I invite you to be a part of it, too. Pray for us! (Pray for my in-laws keeping Evy - they'll need their rest!)
Can't wait to tell ya stories and share pictures!
See ya in a week!

3 comments:

  1. Oh awesome! Looking forward to hearing ALL about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying. Can't wait to hear the stories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you guys, you will love the experience, I know it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.