Sunday, July 06, 2008

What a weekend!

Ah, the Fourth of July. Hot, humid and red, white and blue! Parades, fireworks, hot dogs and chocolate chip cookies. Sweat, swimming, grilling, family and friends. This was all a part of our weekend experience. Here's a taste:

Our neighborhood parade
(We just barely made it before the rain. Remember last year?)






Then Evy got to swim with Braelyn!
The closest thing Evy gets to a little sister! (for now, anyway!)


Then we took Evy to see fireworks. Because we chatted so long, we were awarded a terrible view over the trees and around the water tower, so she sat on Daddy's shoulders until...


This looked too comfortable to pass up!



The next day we headed to a splash party. It was a doozy! What fun!


But the best part was getting to hang with my sweet friends whom I was blessed to have in the same place this weekend!!

Oh, and then of course, the wonderful news of baby Ethan's birth on Thursday.

Congratulations, Coffmans!

3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute!!

    I just love that one of our girls!! Glad we got to spend the holiday with you guys. Such a pleasant surprise!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun! You got some GREAT pictures! I love the one of MaryEvyn playing in the sprinkler. cute cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.