Saturday, June 27, 2009

Page 1 in Babybook #2

Dear Baby,
Oh, how much I love you. And I don’t mean the idea of you. I mean I love you. I love your littleness. I love your helplessness. I love that God made you just exactly the way you are and that He already has a plan for you. I praise God that that plan includes me and Reed and MaryEvyn. It includes Mamaw and Pawpaw and Gram and Grampa. It includes cousins and aunts and uncles that love you, too.
It includes happy times and sad times, for every life must have both in our fallen world. I’m so very sad that yours begins with sadness and a wound. I will do my best to be filled with God and His Spirit in order to teach you, love you and show you how to help heal that wound and trust not only your perfect Father, but other people as well. But what Satan means for evil, God will redeem as so very good. He will show you how He has provided not just an earthly family for you, but a heavenly one as well. That you are showered in a cloud of witnesses saying, “Here is the way! Walk in it!”
You are an amazing little one and I can’t wait to hold you. To rock you. To shush you to sleep in my arms. To take a myriad of pictures of you with all the ones who love you. To adore you as you fall asleep in Dada’s arms. To read you books and brag about how smart and beautiful you are.
I don’t know what you’ll look like or who your birthmom will be, but God does and He’s making a way to bring us together. He will weave our hearts and lives together and make a breathtaking life for you that will display His glory for all those who see it.
Oh, how much I love you already!
Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. That little one will be so lucky to have you as a mommy! I can't wait to meet who God brings you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sniff, sniff. . . What a special little one to have the Lord's hand direct his/her life in such a way. Add "Aunt" MoMo to the list of those that love him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie Armendariz10:38 AM

    You MUST have been crying through that whole post! Such a sweet note....the baby God is knitting for you will be so blessed to call you Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.