Many of the things I love are really just extensions of God's grace in his life that cause me and others to glorify God, so feel free to join in!
* He is awesome at his job. Reed is such a cool combination of a people person and problem solver that he can relate the two seamlessly. He can smooth over relations between a client who just wants what they want, and engineers who want to do it the way it's supposed to be done. He knows how to train up newbies to be well-rounded and prepared for anything they'll encounter.
* He's a great dad, patient teacher. Reed is the one teaching Evy about soccer, how to ride her bike, tie her shoelaces. I would LOSE IT! She can be a tough nut to crack when it comes to learning physical things, but Reed hangs in there, encourages her and thinks of new ways to help her.
* Through this infertility and adoption stuff, we have always been completely on the same page. I know this is really more of God's work on both of us, but it's so amazing. Reed has not been dragging his feet or complained about any of the stuff we've been asked to do. There have been books to read, very thought provoking questions to answer and write out, discussions innumerable, and, of course, the tears. Reed's been with me through it all, not just by my side, but experiencing it, too. It's just been awesome.
Picture taken recently to send to our agency.* He loves people. Everyone he meets. You're never a stranger for long. Every single Sunday I'm introduced to someone at church and the introducer usually says something like, "...this is Reed's wife..." and the person says, "Oh, yeah, I met Reed the first time I came here!" I just nod my head. He's so good at meeting people and discovering their passion and just getting them talking. It's fascinating. I usually get to the topic of weather and I'm done. He truly cares about everyone he meets and is so energized by people. It inspires me.
* He loves the church. He loves Chuck. He loves the kids. He loves community groups. He loves using his computer skills to help the advisory team make wise decisions. He loves shepherding and taking care of people. He loves to hear how he can help others and loves to do it. There are very few ministries in our church that Reed doesn't have a hand in. (Maybe women's ministry!)
* He loves to serve. In the past months he has hung curtains, two chandeliers (for which he had to take down a beloved ceiling fan), scraped and resurfaced a ceiling, painted walls (even an extra coat that he didn't think it needed), and replaced baseboards. All a labor of love.
* He loves me. He loves me well. He knows me, can anticipate my moods (sometimes), and encourages me. He plans dates, willingly does stuff I love. He talks and listens. He's just so perfect for me.
Happy Birthday, Puppy!!
ah, this is so sweet erin! and i agree, reed is one of the nicest men i have met. when jason's mom was in the hospital, reed called jason to see how he was doing, and offer some assistance, and i thought that was the best thing jason could have gotten... a phone call of someone who cared. thank you reed! happy birthday!
ReplyDeleteAwww! so sweet! all of the things you said are so true! happy birthday Reed!!
ReplyDeleteIn a world despertely needing a truly good man, in every sense of the word, it would serve everyone well to look to the example that Reed sets. My guess, he doesn't even realize he sets such a good example...hence that's what makes him one of the best good guys! Reed-thanks for the shoulder to cry on a couple years ago at church one morning...it meant alot.
ReplyDeleteI am recalling a conversation in your car one summer (1998?)... perhaps on the way to or from the airport... Praise God that you saw the light and married dear Reed. The epiphany still brings me joy, as I am sure it does for dear ol' dad as well. There was never a doubt and none of the list is surprising. I echo what tsmith said and wish Reed a very blessed birthday!
ReplyDelete