Monday, August 24, 2009

It's Finally Here

This was yesterday:

This was today:

Ready to go. The first words out of her mouth were: "I'm so happy today is school!"


We arrived at the same time as Menya, one of her best friends, who is in class with her.

Outside her classroom.

Parents got to stay for a little story. Thankfully, I was prepared and knew the story, so I was not crying but working pretty hard at it. Have you read "The Kissing Hand"? oh, man. Then we gave her a kiss on her hand to keep with her like in the book and she gave us one (Reed came, too.) I have a funny feeling that I needed it more than she did!!

I did keep it together, though, while I was with her and most of the day.

I did also take 24 pictures this morning.

I did also spend extra time out and about to avoid coming home to my empty, quiet house.

But I get to go get her in only 2 hours and counting!! And here's what's waiting for us when she gets home for snack:


5 comments:

  1. Yea! You both made it!! Her dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, M looks cute as a button, and how great that you were allowed to go into her class that first morning....but that was mean of teacher to read that book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great first day! Mary Evyn looks so excited and ready... hang in there Erin! Sew some projects to get your mind off of it! :) Cute cupcakes too, what a special mom you are..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dress! :) What yummy looking cupcakes! I'm glad I got to hear all about from her own sweet, little voice! YEAH, Evy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happened upon your blog... this post made me teary eyed. DOESN'T time FLY?? And your little girl is sooo cute~! I am sending a son off to 1st grade, a three year old (also a son) off to preschool and am having a baby girl in six weeks. Life is good.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.