Grab your tissues, moms.
Here we are on the threshold of a big first door.
You and me.
It's been years now since I first knew of your presence in me and we were one.
You needed me for everything then and, though unsure and scared, I gave you all I could!
But even since then you've been on a mission. A mission of independence.
Some of the steps I revelled in: Yea, no more diapers!!
Other steps I marvelled at: She read what all by herself?
I was always there, always taking pictures, always cheering, always whispering of God's love.
I've been the guiding voice, the correcting voice, the teaching voice.
And you've been my shadow.
You're always there. Always tugging, asking, talking, singing, laughing, crying.
Your hugs are indescribable and the sudden kisses, ah, what can I say.
Your prayers to Jesus are real and faith-filled.
And now, little shadow, He is to be your voice.
Where you're going, I can't go anymore. Now you're on your own.
The voice needs to come from your heart.
You have to listen to Him yourself.
He's been preparing me for this and I've been preparing you.
I'll kiss you and pray for you and say goodbye in the morning
but He will stay with you and He will stay with me.
And I'll be the first in that long line of cars at 3pm eagerly waiting to see
my little shadow.
sniff...sniff...i can't believe she is starting school tomorrow! such a big girl. i bet she is going to have so much fun! i'll say a prayer for you both!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written...I'm sure I will be referring back to this in a few years! I will be praying for both of you tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteProud aunties cry, too!
ReplyDeleteDid you write that?! Wonderfully penned. I'll be praying for you both every time a school bus rolls by our house today!
ReplyDelete