Sunday, August 02, 2009

Number Five

This was by far my favorite party that I organized for Evy. Here's why:

1. She was able to pick out a lot of what she wanted and had input.

2. She was also able to help set-up, plan, and organize.
3. Small number of invitees!! I think this was KEY!

4. Lots of help. From my mom, to Aunt Holly, to Monique, to Reed, even Mr. Mark! Thank you SO MUCH!

5. I got to relax and enjoy large moments of the party. I wasn't having to set up, fix and fetch, and stress out! I enjoyed and participated.

6. I didn't stress out nor did I go on a huge buying binge. A lot of the stuff I already had or borrowed.

7. The clean-up was very minimal. I'm one of those that can't relax unless things are clean so as soon as guests are out the door, my floormate comes out to play and we go at it! Also, because of #4, I had VERY few dishes to clean and there was no scrubbing involved. Perfect!

8. Because of #3, there wasn't the gift bonanza that makes a momma's head spin!
9. Evy loved it and so did her friends! Super fun!

10. The cutest pictures of the girls in those super cute hats we made!

Here are some pictures of the day:

Okay, no, this is actually the night before. Such fun!

Holly's nail station. I wanted to have mine done!

Goody bags!
I found these great brushes with jewelled mirrors on the backs at the dollar store!

The foot spa. Ok...I did buy this item for the party,
but I've wanted one for a while. It will get more use!!

The dressing screen is $2/yd. fabric velcroed aroung the rungs of
a quilt rack my dad made me a long time ago!

The tea party set up!


My chandelier. This was my favorite part to do!


Mmmm! My mom knows how to do a tea party right!


Annie gobbling up our funfetti cupcakes whilst (just for you Holls) modelling
our tea party hats that we made out of wrapping paper!

Make-up artist Monique at work!

No cake here...cupcakes with - count 'em - FIVE candles up top!
(and a broken off "E" cookie that looks like an upside down F because
MaryEvyn took matters into her own hands!
We still used it b/c she said, "Moooom [in her best teenage voice], everyone
will know what it really means!")

A scrumptious day I will never forget!

Happy Birthday, Pumpkin!

5 comments:

  1. those cupcakes are look amazing! and i LOVE the chandelier - you are so talented, erin! if you have any pics of all the girls in their hats, i'd love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute party! Looks like the girls had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best girlie birthday parties ever. I felt like I had been at the spa. Well done, Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! lets see all the girls in the hats! how creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...I'm just now seeing these pics! Crazy Adorable!!!! OMG! Well done, mama!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.