Thursday, February 01, 2007

CSM Open House Part 2

It started out rocky because it was rainy and traffic was terrible so it took my parents a long time to get here to watch Evy (who has diarrhea, by the way, pray for her - and me!). And I had procrastinated earlier in the day in making my dessert for the night so I was throwing it in the oven late and it didn't even finish until 6:45 (the time I was supposed to be there). The dishwasher is broken and so I had leftovers for my parents to eat and few clean dishes to eat it on! So I jump in the car and pull onto hwy. 90 and, yep, it's packed. I still had to stop and get Denae and Devin who live very near each other only instead of being at Denae's which is where I always get them, they are at Devin's. Ugh!!! I finally arrive at about 7:15!! Brandon had already started talking so I just slipped in.
There were about 5 sets of parents represented and I was pleased enough with that. Brandon talked about ways they can help and it was dead on. Then we each introduced ourselves and told a little about why we do student ministry. Hugh then talked about DNOW info and fielded some questions about that. (Personally, I'm glad our students will be grouped together this year.) Then I talked for a bit about other events coming up and why we made the few changes we made. Finally we took some questions and that was that. It went very well and I think it will go a long way towards having more support. Everyone was great! Thanks to those of you who prayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks.