The Amazing Race - it truly is!
I just love this show! I meet the teams before it starts. I've been known to throw a party for the last one and decorate with yellow and red flags. I even cut out and iced my own flag shaped cookies once (it took forever!). I love hating and cheering against the mean, nasty, selfish teams and rooting for the good guys (the clown team was by far my favorite, followed by the Cho brothers - sorry, Phil). I love wondering if the flight will make it on time! Will the car make it? Why isn't he helping her? How could she talk to him like that? What task would you have done? Will they get the fast forward first? Did the taxi driver understand them and get them where they need to be? Does anyone else think Phil Keoghan is hot? Oh, wait, sorry, how did that one get in there? I love it. I love the comments the racers make about the countries where they are and the discoveries they make about the culture when they're there. Sometimes they have quite profound reactions due to their background or personal history. I love the decisions the teams sometimes make about where their relationship is headed. Sometimes it's obvious (remember the Christian couple that had been engaged for, like, 9 years or something crazy like that?). Anyway, a new one just started last night of All Stars. If Rob and Amber win, I'll scream and perhaps boycott the next season...no, just kidding!
Lost - the best show ever - EVER!
Okay, I know it doesn't seem to be moving forward lately, but I love the character development anyway...I am a girl after all. It does sometimes creep me out to watch it alone (only after Morgan suggested so), but here's what I love the most about this show that no other show has ever done: there are no rules. Everything you ever could predict about a show because you knew actors had contracts as did the studio and such is all gone. Any character dies suddenly and with little warning! Anything goes and I love that! I love the weird depth of it...everyone trying to figure out what in the heck is up with this freaky island. And, well, I love Dominic Monahan, even though Desmond says he's going to die.
Well, I hope I didn't ruin anything for anybody. There's my little nod to Hollywood. Catch one of these shows and you'll be hooked. Then call me and I'll dish all about it with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love your comments! Thanks.