Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tickles

"No!" my daughter is known to teasingly say through erupting giggles, "It's too raining for tickles!" When, in fact, it is bright, sunny and beautiful outside. Yes, I realize that even if it was raining, this comment would still not really make sense. But that's one of the things I love about it, because she comes up with it all on her own and she thinks it's hilarious! Her "reasoning" for not tickling also includes too "sunny", too "dark", and too "cold". I also love that it makes me laugh just to make her laugh.
Her best tickle spots that I've found are her thighs (I can just act like I'm going to tickle her here and she'll squeal!) and her ribs. Rib tickling actually began with my dad who used to do it to me by telling me in a totally serious way that he needed to count my ribs and make sure they were all there. As he began to count starting with the bottom ribs, I would gradually begin to giggle more and more as he worked his way up until I could stand it no longer! When I would try to pull his fingers away, he would still seriously tell me, "Now, Erin, we need to really make sure they're all there." And he would begin again, smiling and laughing right along with me. I love that memory and I am delighted that my little Evyn will have that memory as well. She does the exact same thing that I used to do and it's so great!
This morning when she climbed into bed with me I started to tickle her on her thighs and both of us were laughing so hard! She is so much fun! I'm glad God gave us tickles and little girl giggles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks.