Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Baby Boy Benjamin, Ashley!


This post is special and I've been waiting for this day to post it for so long and am SO excited!

Today is a surprise blog baby shower for my friend, Ashley, and her soon to be born baby boy, Benjamin. Which is a great name, by the way. In my 7 years of teaching, I never met a bad Ben. Ben is always sweet, helpful, unassuming. Great name!

So, some blogger friends of mine and some that I didn't know but were friends of Ashley's have been invited to dedicate a post of blessing for her and this little miracle baby.

SURPRISE!!!!!!

I decided I'd write a little prayer for you, Patrick and little Ben. (Hope it's ok to call him Ben!)

Heavenly Father,

You are our Sovereign God and maker and sustainer and giver of all good things. Thank you doesn't even seem enough to say for blessing us with the miracle of life. A little life for us to have such an impact on. And to have such an impact on us. But I know of no other words but thank you. Thank you for Benjamin. Thank you for how you already using his little life to change Patrick and Ashley to be more like you. May he continue to grow healthy and strong. I pray that you would protect him and Ashley through these last days. Give her a safe, easy delivery with no complications.Give Ashley peace and rest. I pray that she and Patrick would seek You and long for You in order to gain wisdom, patience, and restoration. I love You, Lord, and I can't wait to see how Benjamin's story unfolds and how You use Patrick and Ashley to shape him and use him to shape them. Thank you for babies!

Thank you for Jesus. In His name I pray, Amen.

I miss you, Ashley, I really do, and have not given up hope that I'll somehow get to see ya again (and hopefully this little boy of yours!).

Have a great day.

You can open your gift now. (I hope you got it in time!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks.