Last night, thanks to Chris and Monique, Reed and I pulled off a great date night! And when we started we had no real idea what we were going to do. But with Reed heading out of town for the week, we wanted and needed some time just for us.
We decided to head down 6 to see what struck us. There it was: Post Oak Grill. Since a not so recent trip to Double Dave's (for the best peproni rolls ever!) I spied Post Oak Grill and wondered if it was related to the one in the Galleria area. I'd never been to that one, either, but had heard great things. When I saw it last night, I knew it'd be perfect. Turns out that, yes, it is the same as the one in the Galleria and, yes, it was perfect!! Our server, Patrick, was friendly, helpful, knowledgable and attentive. We started with salads. I had the Post Oak salad with, among other deliciousness, lightly battered and fried little balls of goat cheese. Oh my word! Reed had a blueberry, citrus-y salad with a blueberry vinaigrette like dressing. Yum. I enjoyed my blackened rainbow trout, but Reed's entree of grilled salmon won. Man, it was good! They also serve a variety of pastas and steak. You gotta go.
THEN after a little trip to Barnes and Noble (where I picked me up some Jason Mraz - yay!), we made our way to Paciugo's in the First Colony Mall courtyard (across from Kona grill). We had been taken to Paciugo's in Dallas years ago by some friends of ours and loved it. It's Italian gelato and very light and AMAZING, intense flavors! You can sample all you want and then choose three to be scooped into a small cup (it's all you need, trust me!) and you'll swear you're eating a melted truffle! Last night I chose Chocolate chocolate chip, some kind of hazelnut and another type of chocolate chip. Phenomenal!
So, if you're looking for somewhere new to try - you gotta go!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love your comments! Thanks.