Yet more news that may require action on your part. Not nearly as frivolous as my previous post, but I'm more impassioned to tell you about it.
Did you watch the Super Bowl? Even if you didn't, did you watch the commercials? Did you see the one for AshleyMadison.com?
From the Houston Chronicle:
"The ad, deemed inappropriate by NFL and NBC officials, ran only in Texas. It showed a couple celebrating their anniversary at a white tablecloth restaurant. The man blew his nose, answered his cell phone, then stood up to leave in the middle of dessert.
“Happy anniversary, honey,” he said on his way out.
Then came the voice-over, speaking to women: “Isn’t it time for AshleyMadison.com?”'
This commercial caught the attention of all of the people I was with. We were dumbfounded. What is that commercial for? Yes, it's a website to connect married people with the specific intent to have an affair. Please don't visit the site, it's already had too many "hits" from those of us who saw it that I'm afraid the commercial is probably actually deemed a "success"! UGH!!
So, I wrote the author of the article and asked her to whom should I direct my letter of disgust. I'll pass it on as soon as I receive a response.
Here's the link to the article.
Let me know what you find out! It's been far too long since I've written a letter of disgust. eeewwwwww!
ReplyDeletei didn't see that, but i can't believe there is a person out there who would run such a website! how do they sleep at night?
ReplyDeletei didn't see it either! OH MY GOSH!!! Crazy!!!
ReplyDeletegood for you for writing that letter!
keep us posted.
I did see it, and I was totally confused to what the point of the add was for. I thought-random. But then Denise McCombs told me they went on the site!! She wanted to write a letter too!!
ReplyDelete