So, they say that the actual day that you celebrate doesn't matter, and I have to say that they're right. Reed had to go to London for work this week and his plane ticket was booked without consulting him, leaving on Saturday afternoon. So, my amazing hubby took Friday off and planned a great day for me!
He told me to sleep as late as I'd like, so I did. It was about 8:45 or 9 when I woke u
p and he was in the kitchen with Evy. I never even heard them at all. (That's pretty good - an excited 2 year old can make a lot of unintended loud noise!) Anyway, breakfast wasn't quite ready so I got my shower and then they came in with a tray full of beauty. Imagine a heart-shaped sandwich of ham and cream cheese on cinnamon raisin toast, all dipped in egg mixture and cooked french toast style. Oh, then with syrup on the side in my petite glass pitcher and a tiny glass bowl of powdered sugar. All on our non-everyday French white plates. A cup of hot water for tea and orange juice. It was fantastic. So we sat on the floor in our bedroom and all 3 of us ate it all up. I opened a prettily wrapped gift of a hand painted tile from Mad Potter of Evy's hand and her nam
e and Mother's Day 2007 painted on it (done for free at Chick-fil-a). I also got a masterful MaryEvyn original artwork on a heart shaped card and a sweet card from Reed.
Reed said he was going to watch Evy all day so I could do whatever I wished. Guess what I did? Yep, shopping....what would you have done? I had a great time!
Then that night sweet Phil and Cynthia came over to watch Evy (thanks, again, you two) and we went out (in my newly bought dress!) to Rioja, a Spanish tapas restaurant we had found on Westheimer. It was absolutely fabulous and I would highly recommend it. It took us back to our travels there and reminded us of various experiences (the pleasant ones) in Spain. We brought back some dessert (flan and torta de chocolate) to share with the Coffmans and just sat and talked with them for a while. It was a truly relaxing, fun day. And better than that I was encouraged and loved by my family which is all a momma really needs now and then.
P.S. On the real Mother's Day, I had a wonderfully easy going morning with Evy who was very cooperative and sweet (as always, right?!) and then went out to eat with my Mom and Dad after church. It was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love your comments! Thanks.