Monday, June 25, 2007

Careers I think I could pursue

1. Hairstylist - not that fancy, prom/wedding type stuff but I just love hair. I think I have a knack for people's hair and what looks right and what doesn't. I'd love to stand behind you with shears in hand and tell you, "No, Sweetie, you cannot and should not EVER have that hairstyle. Relax and let me handle this."

2. Music teacher - like Ms. Phyllis, Evyn's Kindermusik teacher. She's absolutely fabulous. Evy and I loved her the moment we saw her. I'm not the best voice in the choir, but I can carry a pretty good tune. Plus, who doesn't love a song?

3. Decorator - just don't judge by the state of my home, okay? Given excessive amounts of other people's money, I would just LOVE to do this...if you love red, that is. Oh, and you'd have to dislike all things modern (which I appreciate but don't fit me).

4. Antique store owner/buyer - well, who wouldn't, right? All the shows I want, wherever and whenever I want. Paris, here I come! I would actually love to do this with my mom and put all of her slap yo momma goodies for sale in the back of our gigantic treasure-filled store to reward you for making it all the way!
or if I can't do that.....

5. Antique outing planner - I would do this with my mom (who, as aforementioned, is a food genius). We would arrange a bus, the goodies, the drop off and pick up and take you and all your gal pals to a terrific antiques show (enjoying the same all the while!).

6. Elementary school librarian - ah, to order all the books I want, teach just about books, no tests, no report cards, no grading, no attendance, and of course...the Book Fair!! I could do this one in my sleep!

7. Stay-at-home Mom - oh, wait, I am pursuing this one, aren't I? The highest calling a woman has, if you ask me. It is my dream career and would trade it for no other. My sweet child is a constant, beautiful reminder of God's love and blessings on me and teaching her about Him is the fulfillment of joy. To hear her sing His praise, pray for her friends and call me "my friend, Mom" as she did today is absolutely the tops. I pray this blessing on each of my childless friends and will rejoice with you when God's timing is made perfect.
A higher calling could not exist.

1 comment:

  1. Ha-ha! This is great! I too have often day dreamed about the many different career opportunties that I could pursue.

    I love the hairstylist and got a kick out of picturing you with "shears in hand" and what about the music teacher...should I let Tim know you'll be trying out for the band! :) But like you said, no other comes close to being the stay at home mom! Totally agree 100%!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.