This is Precious as a "Fancy Princess Ballerina". Is she a girl or what? Love the tutu, love the shoes, love the headband, love it, love it!!
This is today and our big news!! She used the potty. I mean, for the first time, really used it without being cajoled, coaxed, bribed and no tears. In fact, she came running in to me in the kitchen and said, "Mommy, I feel like I need to go potty!" (She was wearing a pull up that she refuses to "go" in.) So we scrambled in there and she did it...no waiting, no reading, no encouragement, we just looked at each other with anxious anticipation and heard the magical, beautiful sounds! It was amazing! She's already repeated this 2 more times. We're so excited!
Then here are some cute things she's said lately that crack me up (or are just too cute to keep to myself!).
* The other day she was in the room with me while I was praying and she said, "Mommy, why are your eyes closed?" I told her it was because I was praying and she remarked, "Wellllll, - dramatic pause - that certainly sounds like a good idea!"
* One night after I just got home from camp, I was lying in bed with her a little while and she was singing, "Better is one day in Your courts..." and I was attempting to explain the song to her and telling her that God is King and lives in a castle with courts and that since she was His child..."Do you know what that means, MaryEvyn?" I whispered.
"No, what!" she whispered back.
"That makes you a princess!"
"YES!!!!" she said very Napoleon Dynamite style (thanks, Morgan!!)
* Some cute baby-ish things she still says:
nakin (napkin)
hopchock (hopscotch)
may I please, please have esused? (May I please be excused?)
Ah, I just want to freeze this time and come back often. I love it.
But God has big plans for this smart, lovely girl and I am eagerly anticipating the realization of that as well.
Okay, thanks for indulging me!
Way to go, Mary Evyn!!! We just spoke earlier this week about how the 2 of them could care less about the potty. Now look at Mary Evyn...what a big girl! Oh, the hope you've given me.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it. Feel free to blog aboout Evvy anytime you need. She reminds me of Lola so much. You are such a sweet sister! I love your blog. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteps. Read Jessica's Kings blog. I think you will find the Lord there.
-J
http://jessrking.blogspot.com/
like i said earlier...just a little something for you to remember me by...YES!! (with a fist pump!)
ReplyDeleteOh my soul... so glad to see MaryEvyn's little personality here! She is precious! Thanks for sharing her Evy-isms with us!
ReplyDeleteAsh