She sleeps either in our garage on top of an old welcome mat (ironic, eh?) or under the benches on our deck (which also make a handy scratching post) or sometimes we find her behind the garage on an old table. She has a very demanding meow, not like the sweet drawling kind that I've had before. She has also dashed into the house a couple of times. She's even stuck her paw in the slightly cracked door to open it and get in. I don't think this cat's used to not getting her way.
But a funny story happened as a result of this cat. MaryEvyn had misplaced her sunglasses one day. The next day we came out the back door on our way to the garage and Evy excitedly proclaims, "Mommy, I found my sunglasses!"
"Oh, that's great, Baby!" I say matching her enthusiasm. "Where were they?" I ask, never turning around because I'm locking the door.
"In the feathers!!"
"Oh, in the - what???" Puzzled, I turn quickly around to find bird feathers, a disembodied wing and other disturbing bird parts strewn across one side of our deck.
"Um...okay, Baby, give Mommy the sunglasses so I can clean them, ok?" I say in a forced calm voice as I rip them off her face! "Tell Mommy exactly where they were." She shows me and, yes, it's smack in the middle of downy little feathers. I go in the house and clean them off thoroughly with soap and water, convincing myself that surely the little part I'm having to scrape off is not from the bird. Inside, I'm squirming!
I later showed Reed who just laughed and shook his head in amazement at this devious cat who has obviously taken advantage of our newly placed bird feeder. Its contents have spilled on the grass below thus making them sitting ducks for our new friend.
So she's been with us meowing and rubbing on our legs for about 2 weeks. We'll see how long she stays this time.
I must say it is kinda nice for Evy to have a sort of low maintenance pet. She enjoys her immensely and I guess I kind of like having a cat around again. But, no, it's never going to be welcome in this house!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love your comments! Thanks.