So, if I'm not worrying about those things, what gets me all jazzed? Glad you asked.
I just love this amazing vision I have of 50 (I don't know why this number...but that's what always pops in my mind) kids all at different stages with their Maker sitting around being ministered to by one another, adult leaders and me. Maybe that's in community groups, an event, camp, a retreat, a service project, maybe even a Sunday morning of all students! I can just see it! And to think that God can bring us these ragtag students from all over Fort Bend (and beyond) so that we can share with them how awesome life is when it's lived in God's love and adventure...well, the thought gets me stoked. I dream of students making that happen because they get it. Students who are filled not by entertaining programs but the knowledge of who they are in Christ and that gives them freedom and confidence. And because they are filled they can share it with others...in fact, they can't wait to! I see homes filled with students sitting around a living room, tummies full of hot dogs and pizza, Bibles open, faces introspective considering the discussion and how to apply scripture to their daily life. I hear prayer requests for softer hearts because they are convicted of being hard towards others and God. I see groups of kids standing around greeting and talking and connecting with one another on a Sunday morning, then sitting down and worshipping together with the larger church body (and there is no mistaking that they're there!).
Then here's what really gets me: we're on the verge.
"Um...really, Erin, cuz, I saw about 10 kids this past Sunday."
Yeah, but it's God's ministry and He could do whatever he sees fit. Especially once we get ahold of the idea that the ministry doesn't exist for us, but for them. Others. And I think that's beginning to happen. That's what excites me. Does that make me a ministry nerd? Unrealistically idealistic? Maybe. But I don't care. I'll keep listening to Jesus and His words to encourage me, because I know it's His song, I just get to sing it! And it's a beauty!
dream on dream on! God is at work, and there are totally more than 10 students....
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing too big for our God. and I am so glad that you have the passion and the vision for those students. Keep up the good work!