Saturday, July 21, 2007

Inspiration!!! It came on a lazy Saturday

Apparently just to prove that I really do operate better on full sleep (which for me seems to be about 8 hours), I awoke this morning and finally found the inspiration for Evyn's 3rd birthday party! I'm soooooooooooooo jazzed! And, not to sound incredibly cheesy, but I'm finding myself thankful for God's gift of creativity! (But I could write a whole other blog about that!)
First of all, this is Reed's birthday weekend (Happy Birthday, Love o' my Life!) and we shipped Evy off to her grandparents in LJ so that we could enjoy 1. a dinner birthday party with a few friends last night, and 2. a lazy Saturday morning, getting up whenever we please! Thank you, Jim and Harriet, for we have thoroughly enjoyed both!
When I got up this morning I came and got on the internet (my favorite thing to do lately) and after checking all of my favorite blogs (I need to update my list over there on the side), I went to Oriental Trading Co. to see if I could find anything for Evy's party. I have already arranged to have her Kindermusik teacher, Ms. Phyllis, come and do her thing (as she does it sooo wonderfully well!), but had no other real direction. I looked yesterday at my 2 favorite party/invite stores but saw nothing. However, the ever Astounding owner of Paper Suitcase (I don't remember her name) just threw out this idea she had for invitations on a little tambourine. I mean, how clever is this girl!! I love her!! But at the time I thought, "Hmm...great idea, but, how?"


Well, kids, I was looking online and found these:

PERFECT!! Then I was curious to see if they had any other instrument type goodies and found these:
Cute, little kids size maracas. Then, I saw that they were labeled under "Fiesta" and that's when it hit me!! A Musical Fiesta - that's our theme for Evy's party. The super cool part is that it incorporates most of Evy's obsessions these days because I can now include a pinata and throw in a little Dora the Explorer! Now if I could just work in princesses......?! Just kidding! I'm so excited and know that this is going to be so much fun. She's so much more aware this year and I'm really looking forward to her surprise and excitement!


Oh, and I also found these:


Adorable kid-sized sombreros!
And these:

Yes, those are cute little rubber duckies wearing sombreros and mexican blankets or maracas!! How cute is that?

So, those are going to be a part of the goody bags. Who can resist. All courtesy of Oriental Trading Co., of course! Can't wait for the Musical Fiesta for my sweet little three year old!!

1 comment:

  1. a great idea!! maybe you could put some type of confetti in the invitation, so when they open it, confetti pops out!!!--kinda fiesta ish... maybe. maybe not. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.