Thursday, July 26, 2007

Up and Down-y Kind of Day

Have you had one of these. Happily, the day started on the up! Here it goes:

Fortunately, I got up early and got my shower out of the way, so I had a good start. Took Evy over to a friend's house to play, go to the library and lunch and nap with which gave me several gorgeous hours to get other things done. Some important things, some not so important.

Fortunately, I easily found the first of the party items needed for the big Musical Fiesta. Got the tambourines for the invites and they're perfect! And just the right number, too! Then I took my content little self over to DSW. Found two wonderful pairs of cute, comfy shoes for cheapo and got to use my $10 coupon for their rewards card. Cool.

UNfortunately, as I was driving to my next destination, Hobby Lobby, I had that horrible feeling which only grew stronger. The I-just-started-didn't-I feeling. So, we're not pregnant this month either. It's been, well, a long time, friends. I won't even tell you how long. At first, I tried to not dwell on it, just wanted to continue my day. A little sadder, but I pressed on.

Fortunately, I found a cute, comfy knit outfit perfect for Evy in the fall for $16 at the Knit Capital, Old Navy, before I made my way to HL where I found the perfect background paper in their scrapbooking area. I also found coordinating ribbon.

UNfortunately, then my best friend, Holly, called to say goodbye. She's leaving yet again to return to the Land of the Unfriendly, London. (Don't know why every location has a nickname today....?) Again, quite sad. She seems so torn between her worlds and just a little bit unsure of what's next for her. Her family situation these days is hard and it is bittersweet to leave them, too, let alone me!

I allowed this to spin me into a little, mini pity-fest. Why can't we have another kiddo? I'm not sure what the hold up is. Every month we cheerily try and try again but to no avail. I anxiously wait, but then the feeling comes again. But then, why do we choose to only wait as long as WE want to. Then when we feel it's been too long, we begin wondering what's wrong. We begin to become more upset, more dissatisfied and then the grumbling begins. So God and I had a talk. No, I didn't bargain with Him (though I wanted to) but I did apologize for wanting to get ahead of Him. In the end, He let me just be a little sad for a while, but still with the hope that He had greater things in store for our little fam. James 5:7-12

Fortunately, I came home, ate some of my favorite comfort food (sonic cheeseburger, tots and a vanilla Coke) and got to work on the invites. They came out GREAT!! I love them and am so pleased with the result. Tell me what you think:

The rest of the day was fine, I guess, although still tinged a little sad. But, Fortunately, I went to sleep cuddled up with my honey and all is well. I am better than I deserve. Yes, Lord, better than I deserve.

1 comment:

  1. the invitations are so cute!! how excited her friends will be to get that. :) Evy is just so special, that God wants to wait until He has molded the perfect little sibling for her!!! The time will come...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.