Well, it's official, friends. College football is over, at least for a while.I actually love football, college in particular, but not like my hubby. I'm pretty singular about my love: it's Aggie football and/or any team who's fate affects my beloved Aggies. This is true for Reed as well, though it still goes deeper for him. I will turn football on and just have it going in the background, simply because it's just right. I grew up with it on all the time. Saturdays: college football, Sunday: pro football (the home team , or Dallas), Holidays: bowls, of course! It just doesn't feel right to not have it on. Sunday isn't complete without my nap and then a coke all while "watching" football. I do it even if I'm the only one home. I have been known to listen to an Aggie game on the radio when we couldn't get it on TV (though I'm kinda in and out). I really love to go to Wild Wings and watch it with some fellow Ags at least once a season - that's fun! Then you can all comiserate at the idiotic calls, the deflating interception and you can all high five and celebrate when t.u. goes down....again!!! ;-)
I do love football. I love those capable quarterbacks, the game cinching field goal kickers, the cool coaches who keep it together until the 0's fill the clock. I love the fans (most of them), I love the strategy, the hard nail-you-in-your-tracks tackles, the big throws and I totally love the spirit of Aggieland.
So, here's to the end for this year. Congrats to LSU, congrats to WVU (even though we did were pulling for Oklahoma, sorry, Patrick and Ash) congrats to Tech, bu-bye Coach Fran, and, oh, texas, be sure and come back next year for more butt-kickin'!! Whoop!
I wouldn't say that I LOVE football, cause I just can't watch any ol' team...but I really like it if I have some connection to the team like the Texans!!!
ReplyDeleteI have never been to Wild Wings...I heard it's pretty fun. Probably would eat there though...I hate wings!
So much attitude, Erin... I love it! :)
ReplyDelete