Faithful, prayerful readers,
With a delighted and grateful heart I announce that CSM (Crossbridge Student Ministry) has a new leader. His name is Aaron Statser and he is an answer to our prayers. He has quite a bit of experience with students in OK and here in Houston at Sugar Creek Baptist. He's recently married and his wife, Heather, is all in as well having her own girls' ministry experience!
God has made another of his wonderful matches with Aaron and Heather. They are a perfect fit for our church and are fully plugged in - youth ministry or not. He has a great vision for our church and our students yet is not jumping in to make things happen and/or change as soon as he can...he's getting to know us, the students who attend and those who don't, the parents, the leadership. He is prepared and preparing for the building we'll be moving into soon and is prayerfully considering each step. He's going to be great and I'm so excited to see how God uses him to use us to the best of His glory!
There were literal leaps of joy as I bounded out of the meeting with Brandon and Aaron and I feel as though the world is off of my shoulders! No more guilt, no more falling short because I wasn't even sure where the mark ever was! No more getting swallowed up in a sea of uncertainty and effort! No more organizing camps!! :-) Yet all the more time to teach, to prepare, to disciple, to mentor, to spiritually prepare for battle.
I was faithful, I feel, with the calling laid upon me temporarily thanks to God's faithfulness with me...but praise God for Aaron's arrival and willingness to take on this beautiful mess we call Student Ministry.
So, those of you who prayed along with me, let's thank Him together and now begin to pray for this new leadership and that he would soon be able to be on full time staff!
Thank you for all of your encouragement and prayers!
wow! that is so great! haven't met him yet, but i am sure i will soon... great job erin leading crossbridge students. :)
ReplyDeleteawesome awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteI'll pass along the news to bobby.
I know he'll be pleased to hear it as well!
Wow! praise God!! You did a great job with the student ministry Erin, but I know you are excited/relieved to have someone to take the lead!! Yea!!
ReplyDeleteno way! i know aaron from a small stint i had at interviewing at Sugar Creek (a few years ago)! what a small world...aaron and i are somewhat connected back through a string of people to my cousins in Oklahoma (who now live and lead the Sugar Creek youth). all that to say, praise God!
ReplyDeleteHey!
ReplyDeleteWhat great news! I know that you are SO happy to have the time to dedicate to the kids and not to the admin. side of things!
:)
Hols
Yea!!!! I'm so glad you gotta little less weight on your shoulders! You were so faithful though! What a lesson to all of us!
ReplyDeleteLove you
Yeah, Liz, Aaron mentioned that - very funny and cool! We are both glad to see you hangin' with our girls!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! What a difference a year makes and looking forward to see what God has in store for you and your personal ministry this year.
ReplyDelete