Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Day to Express Love - is it so bad?

Valentine's Day.
Is it really so bad? Why?
My single friends hate it. Most men hate it. I honestly don't know why. And, yes, because you're wondering, yes, I loved it when I was single, too. Here's why and this is my yearly campaign (along with saving the penny from extinction):
Valentine's Day is a day to express love. It doesn't have to be romantic love although that's what a lot of people make it to be. Why not any kind of love, family and friends included. I enjoy the opportunity to tell my friends in a special way that I love them. I know it doesn't have to be a special day for this, but I think it's great that everyone's doing it for each other on the same day. And for those who think it's just a commercial holiday created to make us spend more of our money and to boost card and flower sales, I think the best gifts are the homemade, simple kind. More reasons: the color red (could I love it more?), hearts, sugar cookies (I have an amazing recipe, thanks, Mom), conversation hearts, gummy cinnamon hearts, the toddler party I host at my house every year, and, of course, a special night with my hubby who has no pressure from me to do anything more than usual. I just love expressing my love in my favorite way to my favorite people on my favorite day.
So, get ready, 'cause here it comes. Take off the black and change your perspective. It's a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:12 AM

    Hey Chica! I think this is a FAB idea for you!!!! Thanks for the reminder about V Day- maybe I won't wear black this time around! I love you, my friend! Keep typing, encouraging, & praying! He is faithful!

    :)
    H

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.