Friday, January 26, 2007

Unwanted

I think we all have it: characteristics about ourselves we wish we didn't have. One I highly relate to at the moment involves unwanted hair and acne on my face. Now, the hair I can do something relatively easy and quick to correct. In fact, I just recently went to a salon and had the hair on my upper lip removed. I have definite opinions about this. While I realize it is all in an effort to be thorough, I really hate it when I have my upper lip waxed and then she proceeds to pluck as well. In my opinion, first of all, if you are good enough (which you should be if I'm paying you to remove the hair) then the wax should get rid of all of the noticeable hair and plucking should be unnecessary. Now, in my case yesterday, I think the woman was just trying to be thorough and began plucking very small hairs around the area she had just waxed. Are you realizing my pain? I was about to do something drastic to make her stop. Of course, I was what I thought was polite and didn't say anything, just winced in pain, but if I get her again, I will definitely say something. Oh, man, did it hurt. Now, to her credit, she did put something very wonderful on my upper lip when she finished that was quite soothing and the redness disappeared rather quickly.
Then about the acne. On a recent dermatologist visit, I was told that I have rosacea. After reading a bit about it, I agree. However, I don't really like the regimen he gave me and the very little explanation I received (virtually none). Besides, I've come to the conclusion that we should not be shy about getting second opinions just to be sure. So, I've decided to go to another dermatologist to see if his diagnosis is the same, but also to discover other options for treatment (there is no cure) and have it better explained to me. I have not made this appointment yet, but I'll let you know. I'm anxious to get back to the skin I had only a few years ago. That's putting it mildly, really. I hate my complexion at the moment and cannot wait for any improvement whatsoever!
Well, I'm afraid this posting does not really have any information of import to anyone except to keep you updated on my life and how I feel about it, but, I must admit that this blogging stuff does feel good to write about and get off my chest. So, there you are. Perhaps later I can add a P.S. to this about the less superficial characteristics that we desire God to help us remove. Hmm... good thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks.