Have you ever noticed that the law of people becoming desensitized to things they are repeatedly exposed to doesn't apply to everything? I'll let you think of others on your own time, but what I have in mind is people I love leaving. Moving away, going on vacation, business, whatever the reason is I never get used to it. I know I should be happy for my wonderful friends being given opportunities by God to pursue Him in a different "arena" if you will, but, man, it just hurts.
Now I know this is an extremely self-centered view but I'll come back to that. For now, let's just be honest. There it is. It hurts. Why does it always make me feel betrayed? I feel like when the option was weighed, the fact that people, ok, I would be left behind longing for a friend because mine was leaving, it wasn't enough. Soooo, having gotten that off of my chest, I repent. I know and do truly believe that God has a bigger agenda than my comfort. As absurdly obvious as that sounds, surely, I am not alone in falling for that deception quite often. Daily, I'm sure. So, we pray. I seek God and ask Him to reshape my perspective and please give me His. Mine is so small, so finite, so depraved. Lord God, as my husband leaves me to go on a business trip for a week, my best friend leaves to live on another continent, and I am faced with the likely prospect of another amazing friend being called away, Father, would you help me be at home with You alone. If all I had was You, may that be more than enough. If I prayed every day from now until the end of my life for a best friend in my circle to share my life, my events, my friends, my ups and downs with but never received one on this earth, give me the strength to be overwhelmed and fulfilled by sharing it with You, the One who loves me without fail, without disappointment. Where is there greater love than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. I love you, Jesus. You can have my husband, you can have my best friends, you can even have my sweet little girl, just give me You.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love your comments! Thanks.