So, I, too, saw this post on fellow blogger/friend Jessica's blog and thought (along with Casey) that I would take her up on her challenge to list some simple things I am thankful for at this very moment. I also thought that since we are called to be thankful in all things, that I would include a few things I am not usually thankful for, but I will find a reason to be thankful for them now. (Ummm...what?) Like this...
I am thankful for:
* the pile of shoes by the door : my family is all at home and resting and comfy
* the laundry waiting to be folded : I have plenty of clean clothes for me and my family
* it's quiet : Evy is sleeping peacefully in her room, resting for more fun to be had, a quietly ticking clock
* soft light : the glowing lamp on my desk, the setting sun, a lazy fan overhead
* furry friends : a squirrel (one of many) jumps nervously along the yard looking for....who knows?
* neighbors : the promise to help get rid of bagworms (poor pecan tree!), dinner when Reed's gone, a mission field
* this computer : gateway to a bigger world (do I overstate?)
* youth ministry : hard but fulfilling
* football : the game starts in less than one hour - gig 'em Ags!!
For that last reason, I must bid adieu (and Evy is up, so that quiet one is out the window, too!). This has been fun, you should try it!
Ooooh, fun! I think I will give it a try! :)
ReplyDeletevery nice. i love them all!! i am greatful for those too!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me to be thankful for shoe piles and laundry. :) Also--thanks for your sweet comments! I'm not sure what's going on w/ my banner. I changed it last week and I've had no trouble viewing it on my computer...Hmmm...Is it always blank or just once in awhile?
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me to be thankful for shoe piles and laundry. :) Also--thanks for your sweet comments! I'm not sure what's going on w/ my banner. I changed it last week and I've had no trouble viewing it on my computer...Hmmm...Is it always blank or just once in awhile?
ReplyDelete