This weekend I had the enormous pleasure of going to the Texas A&M game with my dad. He is from the class of '67, Reed is the class of '96. Contrary to what most people think and as much as I hate admitting it, no, I did not attend A&M, but I was there every chance I got. I learned the songs and most of the traditions when I was young and became totally committed to the Spirit of Aggieland. Then,
in college, many of my friends went there so I would go to as many games as I could and would even drive up for midnight yell practice (that's it over on the left) and then drive home. So I learned all of the yells. I love it and I miss it a lot. There is nothing like an A&M home game!So my dad and I left after my nephew Kyle's football game (yep, he's named after Kyle Field, of course) and arrived early enough to watch the core march in for review. And guess who was in the reviewing stand? None other than George Bush, Sr. himself! We had already seen Barbara Bush as we were getting on the elevator (she was literally about 5 feet from us!) We had some supremely
annoying fans behind us who seemed ignorant about the game, and we did end up losing, but Dad and I had a great time, anyway. The band was amazing as always and I loved reliving it all! Singing the songs, sawing varsity's horns off, yelling 'til your hoarse, kissing for every point scored, whooping for every first down, hissing for the bad calls (roughing the passer, puh-lease!). I tried to take pictures, but it just doesn't do it all justice. These pictures are all from http://www.aggieathletics.com/.
annoying fans behind us who seemed ignorant about the game, and we did end up losing, but Dad and I had a great time, anyway. The band was amazing as always and I loved reliving it all! Singing the songs, sawing varsity's horns off, yelling 'til your hoarse, kissing for every point scored, whooping for every first down, hissing for the bad calls (roughing the passer, puh-lease!). I tried to take pictures, but it just doesn't do it all justice. These pictures are all from http://www.aggieathletics.com/. It's an amazing place with amazing people.
I love ol' Arm-ay!!
Gig 'em, Ags!
There is nothing like an A&M game... they're the only games I really enjoy watching. Gig'em Ags!
ReplyDelete