Monday, October 29, 2007

Here we go!

Whew, the secret is finally out!
I got a call from Reed on Monday who had just gotten word from Chuck about the pledges for the building for our church. It was a "go". I was so happy, but then the dreaded words, "Don't tell anyone!" Oh, man!
So, I've waited and at times, I have had to hold my breath to keep from even broaching the subject! I did have one person come out and ask me if I knew...I just said, "Well, soon we all will!" Ugh...I wanted to spill it so badly!
So, let the boasting in the Lord begin! God spurred his people to pledge over our $1.5 million mark. I'm so excited to see God move through the various stages of this project and man, what a party we'll have when we meet there!
But even now, I know it's not the promised land. There will be a lot of work to be done. A lot of prayers to be prayed. We don't want to become complacent or think that when we move in we have somehow "arrived". May we not sit back on what we think "we've" done and turn in our hospitality/road crew/ministry/service badges so that we can sit and soak!
God's got more great work for Crossbridge to do and I can't wait to watch Him amaze us all. To Him be all the glory!

1 comment:

I love your comments! Thanks.