Saturday, October 06, 2007

YEA!! It's finally done!

We here in Sugar Land, particularly north of 59, have been waiting and watching for a long time for this day to come. The much anticipated overpass of Hwy 6 over US90!! It is finished!
I moved out to Sugar Land about 10 or 11 years ago and lived way north on Hwy 6 near Bellaire. I was attending Sugar Creek Baptist at the time and therefore, had to cross the railroad tracks (grrr...) and the very busy and over-trafficked 90 way too often. Even then I was wishing, hoping for an overpass.
I now don't have to go over the tracks at that intersection very often but I do travel out 90 very often and I sit and wait along with the many others for my turn in one of the TWO lanes, to get through.

NO MORE!!

Last night we went out to eat with my in-laws and I'd been watching them putting what I thought to be "final touches" on the overpass thinking surely it would be open any day now. So I asked Reed to go home that way so that we could check on progress. Sure enough up and over we went, waving to the rushing traffic below! Yea!!!!

Now, truly, we are the best place to live, right? ;-)

3 comments:

  1. casey and i drove on the overpass today! woo hoo! it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, YEAH, this IS the best place to live. I mean, hello, our name is SUGAR Land! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beauty! My commute is so much faster and it's amazing to see how far Sugar Land has come in the short time I have lived here!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks.